The concept of „Tradition & Modernity“
We want to compare our ways of living and scouting, discuss our opinions and views regarding the meaning of traditions, nostalgia and history today!
here we are; the conductors of the wagon "Tradition and Modernity"!
We're part of the international ScoutingTrain 2014 project, which aims to start and/or deepen coorperation and encountering among scouts from all over middle and eastern Europe.
In summer of 2014, around 400 scouts from more than ten different countries will travel together from Berlin via Warsaw and Minsk to Moscow, and then follow the Trans-Siberian Railway route over Yekaterinburg, Omsk, Novosibirsk and Irkutskup to the Baikal Sea to commemorate the 25th anniversary of the fall of the Berlin Wall and the surrounding democratic changes in middle and eastern Europe.
As in every subgroup ("wagon") of the project, conductors and passengers in the T&M wagon are coming from various countries, so we'd like to discover with you things as our different national traditions and scoutin ideas. We want to compare our ways of living and scouting, discuss our opinions and views regarding the meaning of traditions, nostalgia and history today and develop sort of an understanding for each other's world - because we may be more close than you think!
- getting to know other cultures as well as living scouting traditions and learn from each other,
- work on something actually meaningful
- see places where we've never been before, and meeting people, we would never have seen otherwise,
- and, of course, having lots of fun!
- So, be part of something great! When will you join us? Please, follow, share, donate.. you can find us everywhere!